Community & Outreach - Any level. This role may involve occasional travel (pending COVID restrictions)
Remote | Stipend | Course Credit
NaviSavi is looking for an intern with passion for the tourism industry, consumer and business outreach, and who believes new technology can reshape the way we travel, to join our team for the Fall 2020 semester. NaviSavi is a video travel app in which users can upload and explore videos from destinations around the world, plan itineraries, and earn rewards. You will have your hands in several aspects of a startup video travel app’s content and marketing practice, such as community building digitally and in-person, onboarding new users, creating city ‘itinerary’ lists, working with outside vendors, interacting with the consumer base, and, in general, being an extra set of hands and eyes for our team.
Working with company founders, you will:
- Shape in-person and digital sales and outreach approach;
- Write, gather, organize, and upload content for NaviSavi's community boards;
- Interact with and target consumers through email signup acquisition, referral signups, street teams, user testing and feedback, and onboarding new users;
- Create city lists;
- Perform business outreach, attend trade shows, conferences, visit hostels, and work with locals, influencers, and tour companies;
- Spread awareness of the brand by handing out download cards;
- Create and work as street teams
- Learn and develop expertise in social/digital campaign management, Mailchimp, and other important platforms.
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- An aspiring, skilled, and extremely outgoing, organized sales guru who loves to work with people!
- A passion for talking to the public and able to put together a coherent brand message to vendors and consumers;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills with a keen eye for grammar, punctuation, and pronunciation;
- Research skills — beyond just Googling — and data interpretation;
- Some basic knowledge of tourism industry: travel groups, youth travel, gap-year students;
- A true team player who’s not afraid to jump in and tackle a new assignment, no matter how high-level it is;
- Self-starter and can-do attitude who looks for opportunities to contribute;
- Detail-oriented mindset and able to focus on specific tasks;
- Comfortable with a startup environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting instructions and schedules.
- Must be available to work 10-20 hours per week.
- If applicable, we’ll work with you to ensure you earn course credit and schedule around your classes.
- Small stipend and bonuses based on work performance.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
- Some travel may be requested and would be paid for in full or reimbursed.
- Develop a personal voice for persuasion and sales on behalf of a company
- Ability to manage customer issues and lists of people
- Create relationships with new customers and anticipate customer needs